Welcome to CITIES TALK NATURE!
CITIES TALK NATURE is a community of practice dedicated to restoring degraded ecosystems in municipalities in Latin America, Europe and other parts of the world. Together we explore the multiple advantages of restorative nature-based solutions, such as benefits for the environment, biodiversity, social cohesion and the local economy, thus building resilience in our towns and cities.
CITIES TALK NATURE is based on two pillars: A webinar series and Engagement Events which are hosted by INTERLACE municipalities.
With these activities, CITIES TALK NATURE fosters
- exchange on objectives, processes, practical examples, technologies, financing options and business models on how to restore degraded ecosystems;
- access to tools, methods and approaches that support the planning, implementation and management of restorative nature-based solutions;
- support for collective action towards more liveable, inclusive and sustainable cities and towns of all sizes and locations, connecting people, places and nature.
Registration for CITIES TALK NATURE webinars
Learn about valuable use cases of nature-based solutions in urban contexts and learn first-hand from our speakers how to benefit from the many advantages for the environment, citizens and the economy using restorative nature-based solutions! Register here for our upcoming webinar A playful introduction to restorative nature-based solutions in Latin American and European Cities on 28 October 2021! The webinar will take place at 16:00 - 18:00 hrs. CEST / 8:00 - 10:00 hrs. Costa Rica / 9:00 - 11:00 hrs. Ecuador and Colombia. The agenda and more information can be found here.
The next webinars will take place on 27 January 2021, 28 April 2022 and 28 July 2022.
Become part of CITIES TALK NATURE
- Participate in our free English-Spanish webinar series!
- Become part of our growing community and showcase your activities on the CITIES TALK NATURE Showroom (coming soon)!
- Take part in our Engagement Events in Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Germany, Poland and Spain!
- Coming soon: Sign the Letter of Engagement and commit to basic principles of ecosystem restoration!
Stay informed about CITIES TALK NATURE
CITIES TALK NATURE is facilitated by a unique cooperation between the Latin American Federation of Cities, Municipalities and Associations of Local Governments (FLACMA) and the National Union of Local Governments (UNGL), as member of FLACMA as well as Climate Alliance and United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG).